It basically works on a 1:2:3 ratio, with a bit of flour substituted for ground rice or almonds to make them a bit crumblier, if you fancy it. So its super easy to convert this to cups for those of you in the US. I'd try probably 1/2 cup:1 cup:1 1/2 cup unless you're feeling super hungry!
100g granulated sugar
50g ground rice/almonds
Handful of dark chocolate chips
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add flour and ground rice/almonds, mix together with your fingertips.
- Chuck in the chocolate chips and mix.
- Shape the mixture into balls a bit smaller than a ping pong ball.
- Put on a tray lined with greaseproof paper and flatten down with a fork.
- Bake in the oven at 190C/gas mark 5 for around 10-12mins until they turn golden on top. Keep an eye on them, as they can go from not cooked to nearly burnt in not long at all!
These are best when fresh out the oven so the chocolate chips are still melted, and perfect with a steaming mug of something hot. Tea for me please!