175g caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
3 large eggs
75g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
100 milk chocolate chips
100g white chocolate chips
Makes around 16 brownies.
- Set the oven to 180C and line a brownie, or deep roasting tin with greaseproof paper. Scrunching it up first helps it to mould to the shape of the tin better.
- Break up the dark chocolate in to a microwaveable bowl, and add the butter. Melt in the microwave for short bursts of 20-30 secs at a time, stirring between.
- When the chocolate is melted, add the caster sugar and vanilla essence and mix in. Add the eggs one at a time and mix well in-between.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder. Mix the milk and white chocolate chips with a little flour, to stop them sinking to bottom of the brownies during cooking, add to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, and bake at 180C for around 40 mins, until the top is set firm but a skewer inserted still comes out with a slightly gooey mixture in the middle.
- Wait for the brownies to cool, then cut into squares and dust with a little cocoa powder.
....and enjoy! I dare you to be able to eat just one...