For the base:
200g of digestive biscuits
85g of melted butter or margarine
1tbsp of brown sugar
For the filling:
A pack of lemon jelly
200g of cream cheese such as Philadelphia
4tbsps of caster sugar
Zest and juice of one lemon
1 300ml carton of double cream
Pinch of cinnamon
- Grease a loose bottomed flan/tart tin.
- Break up the lemon jelly into a mug and fill up the mug with boiling water. Tip into a jug and add another 1/4 of a mug of boiling water. Stir until the jelly is dissolved and set aside to cool.
- Crush the digestives and mix with the brown sugar. Add the melted butter and pack into the bottom of the tart tin. Chill in the fridge.
- Whisk together the caster sugar, lemon juice and zest and cream cheese.
- Whisk up the cream in a separate bowl then mix into the cheese mixture. Add the cooled jelly mix gradually until it's fully incorporated.
- Pour into the tin and put in the fridge to set for at least 5-6 hours.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and add a lemon slice for decoration before serving.